NUMBERS & FACTS
Our Heart and Our Life - Our Basis
Bremen Airport is the heart of northwest Germany and, due to its strategic position, the number one airport in the region. Together with innovative companies and research institutions, the airport forms the most important combined aviation and aerospace location in Europe.
- Renowned airlines fly to many non-stop destinations in many countries in Europe, North Africa and Asia.
- There are numerous seamless daily connections to the European hubs of Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam, Paris, Zurich and Istanbul.
- Approximately 2.5 million passengers are transported per year, with about 40,000 take-offs and landings.
- Catchment area of 13 million people
- International service provided by some 450 airport employees from around 20 nations
- Flexible and fast cargo area with all partners under one roof. The Bremen Airport-Plus is short distances with maximum service for all types of cargo.
- More than 16,000 employees and over 500 companies enliven the airport city that has grown up around the airport.
- Direct freeway access A281
- Over 4,500 parking spaces opposite the terminals
- Only 11 minutes from Bremen city center to the airport
The current flight schedule with destinations from/to Bremen can be found here.
The Bremen Airport Fire Department has more than 30 trained firefighters and ambulance personnel as well as 12 of its own vehicles. All areas of the airport can be reached in the shortest possible time. Should an aircraft accident occur on or near the runway, it takes a maximum of three minutes from the time the emergency call is received at the fire station's operations center to the time each vehicle reaches its designated position.
September 21, 1921
Bremen Airport GmbH
P.O. Box 28 61 52, 28361 Bremen
Phone: +49 (0) 421 5595-0
Fax: +49 (0) 421 5595-474