Facts and figures
Our heart and soul – Our lifeline
Bremen Airport is the heartbeat of Germany’s North West and has been for 100 years. Its experience, service and last but not least its strategic position make it the most important combined aerospace location in Europe and number one in the North West. It upholds this status with the unbeatable argument of the 11-90 rule. Located only eleven minutes from the city centre, the longest incoming or outgoing journey only takes 90 minutes.
- 12 Airlines land in many countries in Europe, North Africa and Asia via over 30 non-stop destinations.
- Daily seamless connections per week to the European hubs of Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam, Paris, Zurich and Istanbul
- Over 2.56 million passengers were transported in 2018 with round about 40,000 take-offs and landings
- A ‘catchment’ area for 13 million people
- The tram stop is directly in front of the terminal
- International support provided by 455 airport staff members from 18 countries including 15 trainees
- Flexible and fast cargo facility with all service providers under one roof. The big plus for Bremen City Airport: short distances with maximum service for any freight type
- 16.000 staff members and more than 500 companies populate the airport city that has sprung up around the airport
- Direct highway access to the A281
- Over 4.500 parking spaces opposite the terminals
For current flight schedule with the destinations to / from Bremen, please click here.
The Bremen Airport fire brigade disposes over more than 30 trained firefighters and ambulance service personnel as well as 12 of its own vehicles. The central fire brigade, aside from the vehicles, also contains the operations centre and crew area. All areas of the airport can be reached within a short space of time. In the case of a flight accident on or close to the landing strip, it takes a maximum of three minutes to reach the designated positions for each vehicle from the time the emergency call to the fire station was placed.
Chief Executive Officer:
21. September 1921
Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 6, 28199 Bremen
4.500 parking spaces, of which 2.550 are located in car park 1 and 1.950 in car park 2.
Flughafen Bremen GmbH
P.O. Box 28 61 52, 28361 Bremen
Phone: +49 (0) 421 5595-0
Fax: +49 (0) 421 5595-474